Friday, June 12, 2009

Enjoyed an RDO off today, wrote an article for a Australian based Scottish paper, then went over and spent a couple of hours with an old friend, Alex. He is a old piper, just turned 80 and very unwell..... It was sad to see him so unhappy. He cheered up with a bit of company, but still so lonely. He is selling his pipes, which I know is a difficult decision for him but he knows he wont play them again and would rather see them being used. I wish I could afford them. Going to practice mine soon, as we have a mini band contest on tomorrow. Loz is running the BBQ at the contest so I have to run round in the morning picking up snags, steak, black pudding, bread, rolls, drinks etc. and then get home, get changed and present myself ready to compete efore lunchtime. After the contest we are having a ceiledh so dont know what time we,ll be home, but it will be a great night. 
Here is a lovely photo of old Alec....... get well mate!  b

No comments:

Post a Comment